It was a Friday afternoon and I was invited out to dinner,I found out 2 weeks previous to that I was 8 weeks pregnant with my second baby who is now almost 14 years old.
I was living in Cyprus at the time.That day I really didn't want to go out but nor did I want to refuse and maybe offend.
Around 5pm I left my home and started driving to my friends house.
As I was driving on a long straight road with very low dips a car came speeding up out of the dip on my side of the road ,as I was trying to slow down, their car was coming at me faster, not being able to filter back into their line of traffic due to numerous cars they kept coming at me.
Bang !! It all happened so fast, people stared to gather around my car asking me was I ok?
I was in total shock with what just happened ,I tried to get out of my seat but realised I was trapped and was advised to sit as still until the Ambulance arrived. Then the terrible pain hit me ,I was in agony !!
Praying for someone to help me cope with this terrible pain and save my unborn child,as I was looking out the windscreen window I saw a very bright light at first I though it was a glare from another car, but the light began to get closer and closer so close I had to close my eyes from the brightness. I felt a wonderful presence of comfort and the pain seemed to just disappear. I didn't want what ever it was to leave me.
I could still hear the panic and people shouting, but it seemed to be in a distance.
I was told to keep my eyes closed and that everything would be ok and I was to pray to Saint Gerard Majella, I just know that it was an Angel telling me this and easing my pain I didn't have to ask was it was an Angel? the thought was put into my mind.
When the fire services and ambulance arrived the Angel remained with me right up to the minute I was freed from the car,then that terrible pain hit me once again.
As my injuries was to serious to travel by ambulance and the complication of me being pregnant I was airlifted to a hospital and while I was in the Helicopter I remembered what I was told to do and started to pray to St Gerard Majella asking that my unborn baby would be ok and that I would too.
When I was over my injuries and had my baby son , I wanted to know who St Gerard Majella was and why I was to pray to him.
I found out he was the Patron Saint of mothers and mothers to be and decided to give my son his name Gerard
as his second name.
I will never forget the day I saw this Amazing light and the healing presence I felt, it is undescribable and a beautiful experience .