Wednesday, 25 January 2012

No House For Rent.

I woke from a dream one morning,the image of a young guy and a house wouldn't leave my mind,I didn't know who he was nor did I know what he wanted.But it all became clearer as the day went on.

My sister called me that morning telling me she was to view a house for rent that afternoon and would I come with her,She was heavily pregnant with her first baby.
I called around to her house about an hour before we were due to go do the viewing, had a coffee and a chat as sisters do,I wasn't exactly sure where the property was as we both weren't long living in the Town, so suggested she give the man a call and find out exactly where the house was.

I drove to the address the man gave us but couldn't find the house, driving around the same street three more times, we were both starting to get a bit frustrated,my sister decided to call the man again telling him we were parked on the street he gave us directions to but couldn't find the house.
A young guy answered the phone and she asked to speak to the man who was renting the house, he told her there was no house for rent ? thinking she got the wrong number she dialled the man's number again, the same young man answered with the same reply there is no house for rent !by this stage we were both very confused and had enough.I then called the number and the man answered I explained to him where we were and that we couldn't find the house and asked was the house still for rent?He said of course it was and that he would come out of the house to see where we were parked.

 Walking over to my car he introduced himself, my sister asked him was he sure the house was for rent? with a puzzled look on his face he said it definitely was and did we want to view it?

I decided I would sit in the car, my mood wasn't the best after all the confusion and  the search for the house.
I sat there watching as my sister and the man walked up the steps and in the front door closing it behind them.
Suddenly a terrible feeling of panic came over me when my Guide said get her out !! , I jumped out of the car and ran as fast as my legs could move up the steps. trying to open the door I realised it was locked.
Banging as loud as I could and shouting my sisters name I decided to look in the side of the door where the glass was, peering through I noticed it was almost identical to the house in my dream and as I looked up the stairs I saw a young man standing half way down on the steps.
My sister came running down the stairs and bolted out the front door, she was clearly distressed, without any explanation to the man she said to me Get ME Out Of Here !!.
To say the man looked confused would be an understatement, he must have thought we were both escaped from an asylum.

I drove back to my home and made us both a coffee, when my sister calmed down, she said she felt a terrible feeling of doom in the house and a feeling to get out as fast as she could,I told her my feelings and the message I got, later on we both had a little giggle about what the man must have thought of the whole thing and us.

I decided to call the man and apologise, blaming it on my sister' being pregnant, raging hormones and her unusual behaviour,
While we were chatting I mentioned about the young guy who answered the phone saying the house wasn't for rent and maybe he just keep an eye on him answering to potential tenants.
The man snapped at me saying what are you talking about? that he was the only person in the house and no one else uses his mobile phone,I asked him who the young guy was standing on the stairs while my sister was viewing the up-stairs?Then there was complete silence, I thought he hung up on me, he mumbled something and I asked him to repeat what he said ?He said there was an old lady passed there, I said that I knew there was also a young guy whom passed  and would he please be honest with me,Fortunately he admitted that there was a young guy living there whom passed but not in the house and that he found it hard to rent even though he renovated it and spent a lot of money in doing so.
I thanked him for being so honest and apologised again, wishing him well in finding a tenant.